The Patient Services Department encourages each facility to establish and define rehabilitation goals for their patients and to work with their local vocational rehabilitation counselors to determine appropriate referrals. Sometimes patients who are employed will need to dialyze on a certain shift to maintain their working hours and at other times they may need to explore other treatment options that will make it easier for them to be a part of the workforce.
Illinois Department of Human Services
The Illinois Department of Human Services provides services in 48 local offices located in communities throughout the state. Use the DHS Office Locator and search for Rehabilitation Services to find the nearest local office or call toll-free: (800) 843-6154 (Voice, English or Español) or (800) 447-6404 (TTY).
- Disability & Vocational Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Office Locator
- Online Web Referral
- Rights in the Voc Rehab Process
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Kidney & Urology Patient Awards & Scholarships
- Planning Your Employment Goals With the Ticket to Work Program
- Learn How the Ticket to Work Program Can Work for You
- SSA Plan to Achieve Self-Support (PASS)